Dental care and oral hygiene are of utmost importance, and you have to be extra cautious about the products you use in your mouth. In this post, we have tried to simplify things for you with a basic list of essentials. Probably you have some of these, but there are other products too that you must buy at the earliest.
- A great toothbrush. You would be surprised to find a wide number of toothbrushes in the market, but choose something that has soft bristles and is easy on your gums. If you want, you can consider an electric toothbrush, as well. The size should also fit your mouth well, so that the bristles don’t hurt the gums. Also, replace your brush every three months.
- Toothpaste that works. Now, there are all sorts of whitening and cleaning toothpastes, with different ingredients for varied concerns like tartar and gingivitis. As a basic choice, pick something that has fluoride, which can prevent tooth decay and also protect the enamel at the same time.
- Buying flosses. Flossing is very important for your teeth and gums, and you should floss once every day to prevent plaque between teeth. Refer to this article to find more about the types of dental flosses.
- Mouthwashes are important. While a mouthwash might not seem like a necessity, it is definitely essential. It helps in killing germs and bacteria on the go and should be used after meal for that fresh breath. Mouthwashes are also handy when you don’t have the option to brush after eating something.
- Dental sticks on the go. Some people do have an issue using flosses, and that’s where dental picks can be useful. These are basically tools to clean and remove plaque between the teeth. These are more picks and small brushes, which remove food particles easily. Be gentle with the toothpicks though.
- Tongue cleaners/scrapers are vital. Your tongue works like a breeding ground for germs and bacteria, often ending up being the reason for bad breath. Every time you brush, make sure that you scrape your tongue using a cleaner.
- Get those whitening strips! Who doesn’t love that pearly white smile? Well, for that, you can get dental whitening strips that can be stored easily in your bag. You can talk to your dentist about more options in toothpastes and cleaning solutions.
Shop for your bathroom stash now and care more for your teeth and gums!