Losing a tooth (or teeth) can be a painful experience. The reasons can be many, including injury and lack of adequate oral care. Back a few years ago, there weren’t many choices, so people had to rely on dentures and those bridges. Thankfully, we have dental implants today, and these implants have some amazing benefits. In this post, we will talk about the benefits of dental implants in detail.
What exactly are dental implants?
Dental implants basically are designed like replacement tooth roots, which are fused to the jawbone. Offering a perfect new foundation, dental implants allow the patient to get replacement teeth, which can be fixed or removable. If you don’t like those flimsy dentures, implants are easily the best choice, thanks to the high success rate. To know more about this topic, you can check out this article.
Benefits at a glance
- First things first, implants won’t feel like false teeth, because the roots are fused in the bone. It is more like having a strong set of replacement teeth.
- If you have lost more than a few teeth, implants can help you with your speech. There’s a level of comfort, which is very different from dentures. You don’t need to worry about dentures coming out of the mouth as you eat or speak.
- Dental implants help people in enjoying their food. You can chew as strongly as you earlier did, without any discomfort whatsoever. This, in turn, should give you a lot of confidence, as you talk or interact in public.
- With dental implants, you can be assured that your existing teeth are safe. Unlike a bridge, here you don’t need the support of the nearby teeth, which will help in preserving your current dental structure.
- Dentures do break, but that’s not the case with implants. Dental implants can last for years. Made of strong titanium, implants are easy to manage and don’t need to be removed.
Can I get dental implants?
Most people can get dental implants, as long as they have healthy gums and jawbone. If you have any serious or chronic disorder, such as diabetes, the dentist might suggest a few tips that will help in deciding on the treatment.
Make sure that you choose a reliable dental clinic for the entire procedure, and talk to your doctor about the possible concerns, if any, along with the cost and number of sessions required.